Should Christians vote for whichever popular/famous Republican wins the nomination in an effort to keep Hillary from winning? Is it about voting for the lesser of 2 evils?
Should Christians consider "throwing away" their vote by voting for a third party that more closely resembles their beliefs?
I propose that Christians are throwing away their vote if they vote for an increasingly liberal and corrupt Republican party--with the exception of a dwindling few upright statesmen and stateswomen.
Our country "enjoyed" the power of a Republican presidency and a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate for 4 years! What Christian principles were advanced during this political "utopia"?
- We still face unlimited abortion
- The government has grown in size and intrusiveness
- Congress still spends more inflated fortunes than Clinton has had mistresses.
- Congress has corrupted itself with no term limits, and they simply legislate to stay in power.
- Public education has simply become liberal brainwashing rather than increasing critical thinking skills.
- We are entangled in more than 1 foreign war, each of which is looking increasingly quagmirish (to clarify, I am not against the war on terror, but the most costly war in history, WW2, only lasted 5 years...and these wars will soon exceed that. We need to finish them decisively without delay.)
What did the 8 year Clintonian hiatus gain?
-Two possibly conservative judges. Hopefully, they will prove to be more closely aligned with conservative/Constitutional principles than the previous supposedly conservative judges like O'Conner and Kennedy.
-No more domestic terrorist attacks.
Salvation is not found in politics. No matter who comes to power, God is in control. Perhaps the realization of another Clinton administration will rally the Christian conservatives to actually do something to change our culture from the inside.
While it won't save us, you can at least keep your integrity by voting for the Constitution Party!